There are times that emergencies may arise in a person’s life. Redefine is not intended to be used in an emergency or considered a replacement for emergency services. You agree that in case of emergency you will call 911 (in the US and Canada), 999 (if in the UK), 000 (Australia), or contact emergency services in your country, or go safely to your nearest emergency room.
If you are in danger of harming yourself or others, please use the following resources to get immediate help:
- Call 911 (US and Canada), 999 (UK), or 000 (Australia), or go safely to your nearest emergency room
- US-Based Resources:
- Text HOME to 741-741 to access the Crisis Text Line or visit https://www.crisistextline.org
- Call or text the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 or chat at https://988lifeline.org/chat/
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 or (800) 273-TALK or chat at https://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-7233 or (800) 799-SAFE or chat at https://www.thehotline.org/
- Visit https://warmline.org/warmdir.html to find a warm-line contact number in your state if you need to talk to someone but are not suicidal.
- Canada-Based Resources:
- Call the Canada Suicide Prevention Service at 1-833-456-4566 (24/7) or text 45645 (4 pm to 12 am ET).
- Call the Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 (toll-free), text CONNECT to 686868, or visit https://kidshelpphone.ca/. Available 24/7 to Canadians aged 5 to 29 who want confidential and anonymous care from professional counselors.
- UK-Based Resources:
- Australia-Based Resources:
- Lifeline is a free, Australia-wide crisis support and suicide prevention service at https://www.lifeline.org.au/
- For Other Countries:
- For more resources on suicide, click here: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/
- For more resources on self-harm, click here: http://www.selfinjury.bctr.cornell.edu/resources.html
As a requirement to access Redefine telehealth services, clients will need to provide Redefine with their physical location at the time of therapy services and emergency contact information. Should you refuse to provide an emergency contact, your local emergency number will be the default emergency contact.